Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, December 17, 2010

OATMEAL MUFFINS

Hajnalka irta le ezt a receptet; nagyon egeszseges teszta.

1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg beaten
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter melted, cooled
1 cup all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup dried currents
In a bowl combine oats, buttermilk and let stand 1 hour.
Preheat oven 400F, butter 12 muffin tins.
Add sugar, egg and butter to oat mixture stirring until just combined.
In another large bowl combine flour, salt baking soda. Add to oat mixture. Stir until combined . Fold in currants. Divide batter among prepared muffin tins. Bake 20 min or until tester comes out clean.

No comments: