Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

PUMPKIN PIE

the best pumpkin pie recipe, from Joan Sullivan, a dear friend from Halifax

1 1/4 cup cooked and strained pumpkin
add 1/2cup sugar
2 tbs butter
2 tbs molases
3/4 tsp ginger
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs separated
1 1/4 cup hot milk
add egg yolks slightly beaten and the milk. Fold in the egg whites. Bake in uncooked pie crust. Can be made from squash too.
Bake on lower rack at    425F - 10 minute  and 350 F - 30 minutes or until filling is set

No comments: