Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, January 14, 2011

DO-IT-YOURSELF COUGH SYRUP

Do-it-yourself cough syrup

Heat 2 cups (500 ml) honey in a pan on low heat - do not boil. In separate pan place a whole lemon in water and boil for 2 to 3 minutes to soften skin and kill bacteria. Cool lemon, slice and add to honey. Cook on warm heat for about an hour.
Srain, cool, then place in a jar with lid and store in refrigerator for up to 2 months. Do not use for children under 2 years old of age.
Dosage up to 4 times a day:
25lb (11.35kg) child 1/2 tsp (2.5ml)
50lb (22.7kg) child 1tsp (5ml)
adults 1 tbsp (15ml)

No comments: