Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, December 16, 2011

ALE STEAMED MUSSELS WITH FRENCH BREAD

A pale ale such as Sierra Nevada is ideal for this juicy entree because it,s fruity and just a little bitter.

1 cup chopped tomato
1 cup ale or beer
1/2 cup bottled clam juice
1/3 cup choped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
2 pound mussels, scrubbed and debearded (about 40 mussels)
4 (1/2 inch tick) slices diagonally cut French beard baguette

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large stockpot, cover and bring to a boil. Add mussels; cover and cook 4 minutes or until shelles open. Remove from heat; discard any unopened shelles.
Divide the mussels and broth evenly among 2 shallow bowls; and serve with bread.

2 comments:

Amy and Lori said...

I love mussels, can't wait to try this one!

Amy and Lori said...

I love mussels, can't wait to try this one!