Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, December 26, 2011

WILD BOAR ROAST & CRANBERRY SAUCE


1 wild boar roast
1 bottle of red wine
1 cup water
3 cloves
4 juniper berries
1 bay leaf
10 peppercorns
celery
salt, oil
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup flour
1 can whole cranberries
clove powder

Make a marinade from the wine, water, cloves, juniper berries, bay leaf, pepper corns, and celery and marinade roast overnight. Dry roast, salt lightly. Sear roast in oil in pot. Strain leftover marinade and pour over roast. Cook thoroughly over medium heat. Remove roast and slice. Keep warm.  
Again, strain remaining marinade from the roasting pot. Mix cream and flour thoroughly and add to marinade in pot. Add cranberries and let cook until thickened stirring constantly. Spice sauce to taste with salt and clove powder and pour over sliced meat.  

No comments: