Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, December 26, 2011

VENISON POT ROAST


3 to 4 lb venison roast
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tbsp vinegar
5 or 6 slices bacon
4 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
6 to 8 carrots (scraped and chunked)
1/4 to 1 cup water

Currant sauce
1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
1 jar red currant jelly
1 1/2 cups cranberry juice

Mix garlic, pepper and vinegar; rub roast. Pierce meat all over with fork. Place in roasting pan and arrange bacon slices across the meat. Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 1/2 hour. Add water as needed. At the end of cooking time, place vegetables around roast, add currant sauce and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours (depending on how you like your meat).

No comments: