Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, December 16, 2011

LAYERED PUMPKIN DESSERT

Layered Pumpkin Dessert recipe
13  Ginger Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 pkg. (250 g each)  Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 eggs
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 cups cold milk
3 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping, divided
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted

HEAT oven to 350°F.
MIX cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan; bake 10 min.
MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until well blended. Add pumpkin and spices; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over baked crust; bake 30 min. or until centre is almost set. Cool 1 hour.
BEAT pudding mixes and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1 cup Cool Whip. Spread over dessert; cover with remaining Cool Whip.
REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until firm. Sprinkle with nuts just before serving.
Make Ahead
Dessert can be refrigerated up to 2 days before serving.
Size-Wise
Enjoy a serving of this rich and indulgent treat on special occasions.

No comments: