Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, December 26, 2011

RED DEER STEW


Ingredients

Serves six
  • 2 lbs elk stew meat
  • 3 tbsps flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsps oil
  • 2 ½ cups boiling water
  • 1 cup diced onions
  • 1 chopped garlic clove
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • ½ tsp paprika
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup tomato juice
  • 1 cup diced carrots
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 1 cup diced potatoes
  • ¾ cup fresh peas

Preparation

Thoroughly cover meat with flour and salt. Brown meat in a large oiled and preheated pot. Add boiling water,onion, garlic, sugar, paprika, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato juice. Simmer 2 hours.
Add more water if needed. Add vegetables and cook until tender. Thicken with flour and water if needed.
Add peas 5-10 minutes before serving.

No comments: