Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, December 26, 2011

WILD BOAR CHOPS WITH POACHED PEARS


For 4 people

Ingredients:

8 wild boar chops
4 pears
3 ounces butter
2 lemons
Dash of cinnamon powder
2 pieces of crushed juniper berries
3 table spoon vegetable oil
8 table spoon heavy cream
4 table spoon cognac
Salt and pepper

Preparation: 20 min
Cooling time: 15 min

Marinade the chops for 1 hour with oil, juice from 1 lemon and the crushed juniper berries. Refrigerate for an hour. Peal the pears, cut in half, remove the seeds and poach the fruits for 10 min in water with juice from the second lemon and cinnamon. When the pears are cooked, dry them.
Remove the chops from the marinade and sear them with butter for 5 minutes on each side. Remove them and keep them warm on the side.
In the same pen pour the heavy cream and the cognac and scrape the bottom of the pen in order to access the caramelized meat juices. Add salt and pepper and the dried pears. Cook the pears for 5 minutes.
Serve the chops with the pears on the side and topped with the sauce. Serve right away

No comments: