Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, December 26, 2011

FARM RAISED DEER LOIN ROAST


Ingredients
  • 1 lbs (600g) farm-raised deer loin roast
  • 1 tbsp (15 ml) Olive oil
  • ½ cup (125 ml) dry red wine
  • Salt and pepper
  • Chopped fresh parsley or chives
Directions
Preheat oven to 425° F (215° C). Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet. Brown loin roast on each side and place (uncovered) in oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350° F (180° C) and roast 12-15 minutes, but do not overcook.

Remove loin from skillet, set aside and keep warm. Pour wine into skillet, reduce by ½ to
and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Slice loin and serve with sliced mushrooms or oyster mushrooms, seasonal vegetable and potatoes.

Variation: Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) pink peppercorns to wine, stir until it boils, then add 2-3 tbsp (30 - 45 ml) cream. Warm but do not boil and season with freshly ground pepper to taste.

No comments: