Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

BAKED SALMON WITH CREAMED SPINACH



Our son came home from Paris for a week. He learned this recipe there. It is a delicious and very presentable dish and can be served for the family or to dinner guests. Serves 4.
P.S.the image doesn't do justice to the food.

Ingredients:
4 boneless salmon filets
1.5 cups rice
3 cups vegetable stock
1 (300 g) package cooked spinach, drained
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1.5 cups milk
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1/3 cup butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 9x13” baking pan.
Cook rice in vegetable stock until tender, and all stock is absorbed.
Thaw salmon filets if frozen, and drain excess water.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan, and add onion. Cook over medium heat until onion is translucent, then add garlic. Stirring, add the flour to make a roux. Add spinach and gradually stir in milk, followed by parmesan cheese.
Spread cooked rice evenly in the baking pan and lay the salmon filets across the top.
Pour creamed spinach over salmon and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Bake 20 -30 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon filets.
Enjoy!

No comments: