Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, November 22, 2010

CASTILLIAN GRILLED CHICKEN

Ernesto Delgado’s recipe

3 tbsp less sodium soya sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic pressed
1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves

Blend soya sauce, 2 tbsp water, oil garlic, oregano, cumin and pepper; pour over chicken in a large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of the bag. Close top securely. Refrigerate 1 hour, turning bag once.
Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill about 5 in from hot coals.
Cook chicken 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in center.

No comments: