Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH MINT AND OREGANO (serves 4)

Hajnalka receptje

1- 1/2 lb chicken breas , cut in 1 in pices
4 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp each dried mint and dried oregano and salt and ground black pepper
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 bunch fresh mint
1 rd onion cut in 1 in pices

Mix chicken, 2 tbsp olive oil and spices. Marinate at least 30 min . Whisk remaining oil and lemon juice together. Prepare BBQ, place chicken chunks, mint leaves and onion sections on 12 in skewers. Grill busting occasionally with oil-lemon mixture. Serve with Greek salad and pita.

No comments: