Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, November 22, 2010

MUSTARD SEASONED STEAK


Marinated bison flank steak. I made it from pre-cut round steak and was very, very good.

Ingredients
Mustard Wine Marinade
  • ¼ cup (60 ml) grainy mustard
  • ¼ cup (60 ml) white wine
  • 2 tbsp (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tbsp (30 ml) cooking oil
  • 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped fresh rosemary (or ¾ tsp/4 ml, dried) pepper to taste
  • 1 ½ lbs (680 g) bison flank steak
Marinade
  1. Combine first 6 ingredients in shallow dish or resealable freezer bag. Makes about 2/3 cup (150 ml) marinade.
  2. Add steak. Turn to coat. Cover or seal.
  3. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight. Drain, reserving marinade.
  4. Pat steak dry with paper towels.
  5. Boil marinade in small saucepan for 5 minutes.
  6. Preheat electric grill for 5 minutes or gas barbecue to high.
  7. Cook steak on greased grill for 2 minutes per side to sear. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side, brushing often with marinade, for medium or until desired doneness.
  8. Let stand tented with foil, for 10 minutes.
  9. Cut diagonally across the grain into very thin slices to serve. Serves 6

No comments: