Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

SWEET AND SPICY SALMON




2 lb (900 g) salmon fillets
2 tablespoons (40 g) honey
1/4 cup (60) ml reduce- sodium Soy sauce
1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice
1 tablespoon (15 ml) sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Place fish in glass or ceramic baking dish. Combine honey and remaining ingredients and pour over fish to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate 30 minutes before cooking. Light barbecue grill. When coals are ready, oil grill with oil or cooking spray and put in place. Place fish on grill, skin side down if not skinless. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Drizzle fish with marinade and cook 3 minutes more or until fish turns opaque.

Yield 6 servings
Each with:108g water, 319 cal ( 54% from fat, 39% from protein, 8% from carb), 30 g protein, 19g total fat (4g saturated, 7g monounsaturated, 7g polyunsaturated), 6 g carb, 0 g fibre, 6g sugar, 353 mg phosphoros, 19 g calcium, 1 mg iron, 90 mg sodium, 556 mg potassium, 107 IU vitaminA, 23 mg ATE vitamin E, 7 mg vitamin C 89 mg cholesterol
GI: low

I used only 3 salmon fillets and I cooked it inside on the stow top grill. It was delicious. I made boiled Yukon yellow potatoes garnished with parsley to go with it.

No comments: