Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

ROAST SALMON RECIPE WITH CAPERS

It was delicious. My husband eat almost all. I boiled some new yellow potatoes and I sprinkled with chopped parsley to garnish.

3 tablespoons margarine or butter
¼ cup plain dried breadcrumbs
¼ cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
3 tablespoons drained capers
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 whole salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)

Preheat the oven to 450°.

In a 1 quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, capers, dried tarragon, salt and pepper.

Line a cookie sheet with foil. Spray the foil with Pam. Place the salmon, skin side down, in the pan and pat the crumb mixture on top.

Roast for 30 minutes or until the salmon turns opaque throughout and the topping is lightly browned. With 2 large spatulas, carefully transfer the salmon to a serving platter.

Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh parsley or tarragon if desired.

No comments: