Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

BUNNY COOKIES



Servings: 48

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups white sugar
2/3 cup shortening
2 eggs
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
1 tablespoon orange juice
1/4 cup cinnamon red hot candies
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening. Add eggs
and beat until smooth. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt
until well blended. Mix in the orange juice and orange zest.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch
thickness. Cut out rabbit shapes with a cookie cutter. Place rabbits
onto an unprepared cookie sheet and place the cinnamon candies onto
them for eyes. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Frost
if desired.

No comments: