Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

SWEDISH COCONAT COOKIES

IKEA recept

3 1/2 flour
2 cups sugar
2 cups buttersoftened
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flaked coconut

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except coconut. Beat with an electric mixer at low speed for three to four minutes. Stir in the coconut.
Divide dough into halves; shape each halfe into a 12x2 in roll. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
Heat oven to 350F . Cut rolls into 1/4 in slices. Place 2-3 in apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 to 14 min. The cookies are done when the edges are slightly browned. Cool slightly. Makes about 8 dozen cookies

No comments: