Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

FISH CHOWDER



When we arrived in Canada, we settled on the east coast, in Halifax. It took us years till we got accepted by the people. Specially the old who were of Scottish descended. However, we made ever lasting friendships we still cherish today. As a token of this is this fish chowder.
For years this friend of us on Christmas day invited us to her house and served this delicious meal. When we left Halifax to move to Ottawa, she gave us the recipe. When I make it, we think about Verne, and the wonderful Christmas days we spent with her.

2 onions minced cooked in oil; add 4 potatoes 2 carrots, 1 stalk cellery cutted small. Add 1 cup chicken broth or water to cover the vegetables. Cook very slow; when is almost done, add the fish, sea food. Let it cook very slow. Add salt, pepper, cellery seed, paprika. When is ready, add
1 or 2 cup of milk.

No comments: