Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, October 11, 2010

COOKIE WITH HONEY

Mix together: 1/3 cup softened shortening
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Sift together: 2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Stir into flour mixture: 1 egg
2/3 cup honey

Add flour mixture to shortening mixture and blend well.
Chill dough for at least one hour. Roll dough to thickness of 1/4 in. Lightly dust cookie cutters with flour and cut dough into desired shapes.
Place cut shapes 1 in apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375F. Bake for 8-10 min or until no imprint remains when cookie is lightly touched.

No comments: