Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SANDWICH SPREADS

Sun-dried tomato – 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sun-dried
tomatoes, 1 minced garlic clove and 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil into a
package of cream cheese

California Tuna – flake a can of drained tuna. Stir in 1⁄4
cup creamy Caesar dressing, 1 thinly sliced green onion and 1⁄2 diced
avocado.

Holiday Egg Salad – blend 2 tbsp mayo with 1tsp Dijon, 1⁄4
tsp dried dill and pinch of salt and cayenne. Add 4 chopped hard
boiled eggs.

Cranberry Chevre – Stir 140g of creamy chevre with 125g
of cream cheese. Stir in 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh or frozen
cranberries and 1 thinly sliced green onion. Stir in a pinch of black
pepper or finely chopped grated peel of 1⁄2 orange.

Shrimp 'n' Salsa – drain 4 oz. can of small shrimp and
rinse with cold water. Pat dry and chop finely. Stir in 2 sliced green
onions and 1⁄4 cup of salsa and sour cream.

No comments: