Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

TUNA CAKES

nagyon finom, nem eros a tuna ize

1/4 cup Miracle Whip Dressing or Hellman’s Mayonaise
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 pkg (120 g) Stove Top stuffing mix for chicken or 3 slices of whole wheat bread
2 cans (170 g) tuna drained and flaked
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 cup mozzarella shredded cheese

Mix all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 10 min. Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking
spray on medium heat. For each tuna cake shape 1/2 cup lightly packed tuna mixture into patty. Add patties to skillet in batches.
Cook 3 min on each side , or until golden brown, turning over carefully.

Make 4 servings, 2 tuna cakes each. I baked them at 350F in the oven.

No comments: