Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PAN SEARED HADDOCK WITH TOMATO & BLACK OLIVE SALSA

2 ripe Tomatoes, seeded, diced
1 tbsp Capers, rinsed, chopped (optional)
1 tbsp Fresh basil, finely chopped
2 tbsp Black olives, pitted, diced
1 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Dry oregano (divided in half)
1 tsp Sherry vinegar
1 tbsp Canola oil
2 Haddock loins (thawed if is frozen)
Salt and ground pepper to season

In a bowl combine the first 7 ingredients. Stir, cover and refrigerate until needed.
Heat canola oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high temperature. Rub oregano on both sides of each Haddock loin and season with salt and pepper. Pan sear Haddock Loins in heated pan for 3 minutes. Flip and cook other side for same amount of time or until fish is opaque or begins to flake.
Alternatively , bake fish in a 350 F (177C)oven for 15 minutes. Transfer cooked fish onto plate and spoone Tomato Olive Salsa on top.
Serve over cooked pasta tossed with olive oil and oregano.
Can be made with other white fish.

No comments: