Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN FRENCH TOAST

8 thick slices egg bread, crusts removed
3 eggs
4 egg whites
1 1⁄2 cup milk
1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp softened margarine
3⁄4 brown sugar
8 round slices canned pineapple

1.Place slices of bread in a large, shallow pan.
2.In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg whites with milk and sugar,
vanilla and cinnamon. Strain mixture over bread placed in a shallow
bowl. Turn bread over and soak for atleast 10 minutes ( or overnight)
3.Brush margarine over bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle
bottom evenly with brown sugar. Arrange slice of pineapple on sugar in
a single layer. Place piece of soaked bread on each.
4.Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 30 – 40 minutes, or until piffed
and browned. Remove and cool for 5 minutes.

No comments: