Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

(makes 48 cookies)
Rainbowfoods, naturalfoods recipe

3 cups unbleached flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
3/4 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts or sunflower seeds (optional)

Preheat owen to 350F (180C). In a large bowl mix together flour and baking soda. In a separate bowl combine applesauce, honey and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips and nuts or seeds and mix well. Drop cookie dough onto a non-stick or lightly oiled cookie sheet. Flatten dough with fork. Bake for 13 min, or until cookies are lightly growned. Remove from cookie sheets immediately.

No comments: