Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, October 07, 2010

THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIE

(makes about 3 dozen cookies)

325ml ( 1-1/3cups) Golden Crisco
250 ml ( 1 cup) granulated sugar
150 ml (2/3 cup) firmly packed brown sugar
15 ml (1 tbsp) vanilia
2 eggs slightly beaten
55o ml (2- 1/4cups ) all-purpose flour
150 ml (2/3cup) Chipits cocoa
5 ml (1 tsp) salt
60 ml (1/4cup) milk
375 ml (1-1/2cups) large, broken pecan or walnut pieces
250 ml (1 cup) Chipits Semi-Sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F (180C)

Combine crisco, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 min or until creamy. Add beaten eggs.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk beating on low speed about 1 min or just until blended. Stirr in nuts and chipits.
Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls (about 30 ml/2 tbsp for each cookie) on ungreased baking sheat. Bake 6 to 9 at a time, leaving about 7 cm (3in) between cookies for spreading. Bake at 180 C (350F) for 10 to 12 min. Cookies will still appear soft and moist vhen baked, but firm upon cooling. Cool 2 min then remove to cooling rack.
Smaller cookies can be made using 15 ml(1 tbsp) dough for each cookie. Bake 8 - 10 min. Nakes about 6 dozen cookies.

No comments: